By Tamsyn Barton
An account of astrology from its beginnings in Mesopotamia, concentrating on the Greco-Roman international, Ancient Astrology examines the theoretical improvement and altering social and political function of astrology.
Read or Download Ancient Astrology (Sciences of Antiquity Series) PDF
Best astronomy books
This e-book, in 3 elements, describes 3 levels within the improvement of the trendy idea and calculation of the Moon's movement. half I explains the main issue in lunar concept within the 1870s that led G. W. Hill to put a brand new starting place for an analytic resolution, a initial orbit he known as the "variational curve.
Go-To Telescopes lower than Suburban Skies is the 1st ebook particularly written for newbie astronomers who personal, or who're approximately to buy, a computer-controlled ‘go-to’ telescope. the benefit of the ‘go-to’ potential is big – the telescope should be aimed toward any item within the sky with nice pace and accuracy – that's why those tools are so well known.
This is often the 1st complete, but sincerely offered, account of statistical equipment for analysing round info. The research of information, within the type of instructions in area or of positions of issues on a round floor, is needed in lots of contexts within the earth sciences, astrophysics and different fields, but the technique required is disseminated in the course of the literature.
Why is the sky blue and why are sunsets pink? while am i able to see a rainbow? Why is the moon occasionally seen in sunlight? In suddenly skywatcher John Naylor deals sensible suggestion approximately the place and if you can count on to work out usual phenomena, what you can find and the way to enhance your probabilities of seeing it.
- The Meaning of Liberty Beyond Earth (Space and Society)
- Multiwavelength Mapping of Galaxy Formation and Evolution: Proceedings of the ESO Workshop Held at Venice, Italy, 13-16 October 2003 (ESO Astrophysics Symposia)
- Chemical Evolution of Galaxies (Astronomy and Astrophysics Library)
- Rock Legends: The Asteroids and Their Discoverers (Springer Praxis Books)
- A Neurophenomenology of Awe and Wonder: Towards a Non-Reductionist Cognitive Science (New Directions in Philosophy and Cognitive Science)
Additional info for Ancient Astrology (Sciences of Antiquity Series)
Ancient Astrology (Sciences of Antiquity Series) by Tamsyn Barton